Protect your eyes from the sun and look beautiful at the same time
Since the 50s, the sunglasses have become much more than a tool of eye protection: they are also a basic complement of our outfit and often essential to show off a dazzling look during the day. However, finding the ideal model of sunglasses that better suits your face is often a complicated task, due to the wide variety of materials and styles that exist in this field. Moreover, we also must try that it fulfills its basic functions: protection from ultraviolet radiation and that presents color fidelity, i.e. not alter the recognition of basic colors (green, red, blue and yellow). To help you decide, on Perfume's Club we want to let you know what type of glasses will be more tailored to your face and how to recognize their characteristics at a glance.
Of course, a determining factor when choosing a good pair of sunglasses is the brand. On our website you can find examples of the best and most recognized brands of sunglasses, such as Calvin Klein, Armani or Ray-Ban that will give you more security and confidence when making any decision.
What should you require to your sunglasses?
The most important thing to consider when choosing the sunglasses are the characteristics of its lens. In this sense, we can distinguish two criteria: the category of sunscreen and the color of the lens. Each person has a different sensitivity to the light, so we recommend you to ask for advice from your optician about the type of lens that will benefit more to your eyes. But in general lines we can tell you that according to the categories of sunscreens that we can find (ranging from 0 to 4) we have:
- Lens category 0: are transparent or very light, so its use should be limited to interiors or overcast days.
- Lens category 1: are slightly colored and are indicated for days of reduced solar radiation.
- Lens category 2: are moderately colored, must be used on days of medium solar radiation.
- Lens category 3: has a darker and opaque color, which is why are recommended for high solar intensity, such as the beach or the mountains.
- Lens category 4: are the darkest of all. It is a type of professional lens that is only used to protect the vision in extreme brightness, as for skiing or soldering.
The original glasses always carry a label which indicates the sunscreen they offer. This is not only useful information for you; it also indicates that the glasses are original. It is also good to take into account the sunscreen in relation to the light tolerance you have, before buying your glasses.
Another approach would be the one from the color of the lens, because it gives very different perceptions to our ocular prism:
- Green lens: allows receiving the colors with little alterations. It reduces the visible light without affecting the clarity of vision. It is suitable for water sports and people with hyperopia.
- Brown lens: filters the blue radiation and increases the contrast and the depth of the field of view. Therefore this is the color most indicated for myopic or to play sports outdoors.
- Grey lens: transmits the light evenly across the spectrum and respects better the natural colors. This type of glasses are great for driving.
- Yellow: is not recommended for sunny days, but improves the contrast on cloudy and hazy days.
- Orange lens: is the most suitable color in low light situations, such as night. However they are not suitable for solar use.
- Black lens: eliminate horizontal glare, avoiding glare. It facilitates driving in the snow, for example.
- Photochromic lens: these ones darken in the presence of light, and become clear in the dark. This type of lens is the most expensive and the more versatile.
As you can see the color of your glasses is not merely an aesthetic issue, so if you have clear for what situations want to use your glasses, take into account what is the color of lenses that will benefit you more.
Sunglasses according to your face shape
Choosing the sunglasses that you like is actually a very subjective and personal issue for each one, though we all not have the same face shape and therefore the same sunglasses are not going to like to everybody. As it depends a lot on the morphology of our face, we will reveal you several fashion tricks to choose the sunglasses that better suit your style:
- Triangular face: If your face shape is triangular, i.e., you have a thin chin and broad forehead, the type of glasses that better will suit you will be the aviator type (rectangular and with oval glass), also if the frame is fine you will get greater harmony in your face. As for tone is always better betting for dark shades or brown, but always choose the one you like the most.
- Square face: if you have a square face the best is betting for a style that softens the hardness of your features. The round sunglasses and with a fine frame will help you, also you can opt for light colors to give it more naturally.
- Rectangular face: It is a face that closely resembles the square, but has a wider forehead and chin. In this case the one that will suit you better will be the same types of glasses as for the square face, but you can try to give an elongated effect avoiding the frames with a too horizontal arc.
- Round face: in this case, we won't choose round glasses, but instead we will look for those models that will elongate our face vertically. Bet for thick frames of angular models or of retro style, for achieving a better effect.
- Oval face: this face type is the most universal, according to our current standards of beauty, so we can afford to use the glasses that we like the most in function of the effect we want to obtain: extending vertically or horizontally, flatten, etc.
It's good to have these tips as a point of orientation, but the most important thing is the creativity, always choose the styles that appeal to you and fit your way of dressing, because in the end we will always look better with that which makes us feel more comfortable!